09-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Any do it?

MrWorker
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Terroists do it probably.

jghkgfuytf
09-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Yep I do.
Takes ya to some awesome out of the way places as well as some fairly ordinary ones.
And I don't think I'm a terrorist.

AdamDominic
09-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I Geocache also. Its fun. Haven't had a lot of time in the past few years, but I still get out occasionally.

Napier
09-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I had to google it, I've heard of it before, but don't really get it. One of you want to explain it to me?

TheFlamingo
09-06-2011, 02:49 AM
In a nutshell it's a treasure hunt using a GPS device.

People hide caches and leave the coordinates to the cache on a website call geocaching.com. The website allows you to log your home location and will then show you caches in your neighborhood, town, state, country etc. You find the caches by using your GPS device.

I just started doing this and went out today and found 6 of them within 3 miles of my home. They are planted all over the world.

The caches range in size from very small to large and inside there is usually a log sheet for you to log your name and the date you find it… and then most also have little trinkets inside that you can take if you wish. They only ask that if you take a trinket to replace the trinket with something of your own.

Some caches may have a “Cache Buddy” in it. This is a special trinket with a tracking number on the back. You login to cachebuddies.net and log the location that you found it and then move to another cache. I was lucky enough to find one on my first cache so I’m thinking of taking it to Costa Rica with me and putting it in a cache I find down there.

You can also create and hide your own caches for other people to find.

Like I said, I am new to this so I am just learning.... but it really is pretty fun and I am amazed at how many caches are out there just waiting to be found.

KingChris
09-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Haha had to Google this shit

Scrappy
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
My cousin does Geocaching too! He says its quite awesome!

hazziano
09-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Yup, been geocaching for quite a while now - it certainly takes you too some places you would never have visited without playing! If you like getting out and about or have kids, you must give it

TheFlamingo
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
It is fun Scrappy... and the best part.. you can do it anywhere at any time. Yes hazziano, I can see where kids would love it too.

Napier
09-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Ahh I see, sounds like a very interesting idea! I wonder if it's not done much over here and that's why I didn't really know much about it, or it's just my ignorance.

Torreno
09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I heard a guy got raped at night when he was geocaching in the Arizona Desert....Predators use that as a tool to lure in victims looking for awsome.

godar
09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
abe o ita marunga pagal

sarge
09-06-2011, 08:09 PM
My boss does, I need to solve the puzzle ones for him lol

TheFlamingo
09-07-2011, 12:26 AM
@ Torreno - You can get raped walking down the street at night. It's like everything else. Use common sense.

@ Napier - Where do you live?

@ Sarge - I am not familiar with the puzzle ones. How does that work? Do you have to solve a puzzle to find the location?

bLiNd
09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Sounds pretty fucking shit.
I might do it just so i can take the caches home and spoil everyones fun.

Just coz i can.