|Frequently Asked Questions|
1 - What are the
promotion options in the family options, and what do they mean?
- You can organize your family using an authentic Mafia
family hierarchy. The Boss of a family is able to promote family
members to Consigliere, Bruglione, Underboss, Captain, and Soldier.
- A family can have only one Boss and one Consigliere. There
is no limit to how many members can be promoted to the rest of the
- A Consigliere is the Boss's confidant and has the same
abilities as the Boss himself except the Consigliere cannot fire the
Boss or disband the family.
- Just below the Consigliere is the Bruglione. The Brugs have
the power to change family media, and send invites to potential family
- The Underboss is the next level of seniority. They are
trusted veterans of the game that are ready to step up if people above
- A Captain acts like a lieutenant, leading his own section
of the family. The key to being a successful Captain is making money.
- Soldiers do the "dirty work". A soldier is the lowest rank
among made men. They're part of the family, but they hold little power
and make relatively little money. The number of soldiers that belong to
any given Captain can vary tremendously.
is the game chatbox??
- The web chat is working. You can access the chat
toolbar at the bottom of the site
- Just click on "who's online" on the right, select a player
name, click on it, and start chatting! You can also create a chat-room
of your very own by clicking the icon second from your left on the chat
toolbar and create your personalized chat-room. You will be able to
select any players available in the chat to join you.
3 - How
do you invite a player to join your family?
- In the family options, type or paste the persons name in
the invite section, and then press update.
4 - Can
you leave a family?
- No. The MAIN ROUND rules are ste to no leaving or
disbanding families. There are exceptions to this rule in
Turbo rounds sometimes,
when this is disabled. Turbo round rules are randomized
5 - How do I
promote someone in my family?
- In the "promote mafioso" section of the family options,
select the name of the person you want to promote, and then what rank
you want to give that person, and press update.
6 - How
come the game says .... planes/automobiles are too well guarded?
- You need to have at least 4 Gulf Stream jets or one Boeing
to steal planes. Automobiles operate under the same principle. You need
to have some to facilitate stealing some! you also need to make sure
that you kill all defensive's before trying to steal their cars/planes
7 - Can I change my
- Once you pick a name for a round, it stays that way until
the next round. You can choose a new name at the start of each round if
8 - Who is
the best defensive unit?
- Hitmen are better killers than Thugs, thugs are better
killers than Bodyguards.
9 - What are the
- Ak's kill more than Uzi's, Uzi's kill more than shotguns,
and shotguns kill more than Glocks. The best guns are given to the best
units, e.g., if you have 10 hitmen, 5 thugs, and 3 bodyguards, 10 Ak's,
5 Uzi's, and 3 shotguns, the hitmen will have the Ak's, thugs will have
Uzi's, and the bodyguards will have the shotguns.
10 - Can you have
- Yes. Make sure all of your family is aware of the families
in your alliance. Also keep in mind it is your job to inform others of
alliances. There is nothing in the game that directly tells people of
your alliances, other than whatever you may have put on your profile.
- The Boss of any family can also form union of unlimited
number of families, in the main round, by selecting the Create Union
option on the Family Settings Page
can someone be worth so much, so early?
- Perhaps they are a supporter. It is easy to become a
supporter; the "buy turns" link is at the bottom of every page. There
are also different ways of making money, depending on how you build
12a - Explain the
way protection works, when it says "this mafioso is protected for xx
seconds" at the bottom of my screen?
- When you hire, produce, or collect, you will be protected
for a period of time relative to the number of turns you use. So if you
use 30 turns, you get 30 seconds of protection. You will only be
protected for a maximum of 60 seconds regardless of how many turns you
use at a time.
12b - Is that
protection from attacks?
- Yes. But it's just meant to protect you while you are
getting ready. For example, you need some defensive units, so you hire
them, and the protection gives you time to go buy them some guns. You
have a little protection to get ready and avoid getting attacked while
you are preparing yourself.
13 - If I
post a complaint on the support link, will other players see it?
- No. The only people who can view the posts are staff
members, and they will be quick to help you out.
- You can also log complaints by going to the Main Page Link
and clicking the name of ANY staff member online to tell them your
I change my Password?
- Yes. Go to My Account on the TOP RIGHT of the Site pages.
There is a section where you can change your password.
15 - Why are we not
allowed to swear on message boards or in chat, yet the game has some
swear words in it?
- There is NO swearing on the Recruiting or Help Forums. You
can, however, swear on the other boards (but keep it to a minimum), and
the FreeForAll chat room, and you can do whatever you like in your
family chat room and message board as they are not monitored. Profiles,
or profile pictures/media that get complaints, will be dealt with
16 - If I choose to
quit playing, or if I was banned for a rules violation, can I get a
refund for the turns that I purchased?
- No, there are no refunds. If you break the game rules, you
are responsible for the consequences.
17 - How do i use
my reserve turns?
- You go to main menu Just above the Game Announcements
> click "you have x reserve turns " > put in the amount
of turns you wish to use from reserve > apply > check
your turns > and use to your hearts content.
18 - What is the
attack range and revenge?
- The attack range is meant to keep strong mafiosos from
wiping out weak ones. Your attack range is from 1/2 to 4 times your net
worth. You can only attack people in your attack range.
- The Revenge feature is enabled when someone has attacked
you, you can hit them back regardless of range, an unlimited amount of
times. You can only do revenge via drive byes, and you can hit their
business if they have attacked yours.
19 - What does it
mean when it says "This mafioso has been attacked too much"?
- You initially start the first hour "maxed". After that,if
you are attacked and lose 10% of your networth, you cannot be attacked
again for that hour. If you lose less than 10% in the first hit then
you can be attacked again until 10% of your net value is gained. The %
also varies from round to round so check the round specific rules,
20 - How do I
cancel my Subscription on Paypal?
21 - How do the
tiers/levels work and what are the stars for?
- If you would like to cancel your subscription, log in to
your PayPal account and go to the "History" sub tab of the "My Account"
tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from the pull-down "Show" menu and press
the "Submit" button. Choose this subscription, and click on its
"Status." You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which
you may cancel your subscription. Canceling your subscription will
immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.
- Each star represents a level of credits used. If you've
used up to 999 won or bought credits for the round, you are eligible to
win prizes in the level ONE and will have one star. Having a
subscription or using 1000 to 24,999 credits, makes you eligible for
the level 2 and you will have two stars. The same goes for the next
levels; using up to 99,999, or purchasing the Titanium Black
Subscription, you can place in level 3, and using above 100,000 will
make you eligible for the Jackpot and level 4 prizes.
22 - Please explain
the Union Notoriety Feature?
- Any player who is part of a union and is playing less than
3 months will add a AUTO value of $15 Billion to the union networth.
- Any player who is part of a union and is playing MORE than
3 months will add a AUTO value of $5 Billion to the union networth
- This value is not actual cash on hand, it is based on your
play time so you cant use it to buy guns or drugs, etc.
copyright©2005-2016 TheMafiaBoss.com a JUST FUN SOFTWARES LTD company.
Arch. makariou, 227, Doma Building, 3rd Floor, Limassol, Cyprus