X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mafia Boss September 2017 Updates and Feedback Post

Hi Everyone

SITE DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

- Currently we are upgrading the actual game code to the latest version. This is long overdue, the current code is very old. The newer version has much more features and support, but above all it has updated security features and will be much faster to play on.

- We are at same time, working on a mobile friendly interface. We noticed more and more users now login from their phones. We created a rough a sample design of the MAIN MENU page with some basic added features ideas for new players. We REALLY need to get your feedback on this. Please can you have a look at it, [especially users of mobile], and let us know what your thoughts are, please? You can view the new draft design by clicking on "switch layout link" on the top of the site pages

We will soon start another thread for feedback on the new design
    . Please look out for that thread and post your feedback.

- We also intend to upgrade the Forum/Blog software to the latest versions, probably it will run separately, but we will provide feeds from the site and check logistics around this to see if we can import your current profiles, as it is a later/more modern version of what we have now.

Once we have achieved all of the above, we will introduce new game play features. Its difficult for us to build new things on the old code, we would just have to do it again when the new code is installed. So we are trying not to waste funds, and rather do the important updates first. This is the reason we didn't do much changes recently, we found we got stuck trying to patch problems on the old code and wasting too much time on that, and it's not going to get better.

The time-frame for deliver is as follows: Between 4 - 6 months, for the coding and design to completed and the forums probably another month. We have actually started on the coding and probably there is less time required - I will keep you all updated on this.

Here is one Question we would love to hear your ideas on, please:

How can we improve/make more exciting, the overall competition between players, in the game?

We are looking for player experiences, creative ideas and debates, and if your idea is found to be exciting, feasible, logical and affordable to build/code, we will award you a special gift, if we do take it on board.

We will keep watching this thread for your ideas and we look forward to your feedback.

Thank you
    - The Mafia Boss
    Game Admin

I think this has been brought up a few times but how about a permanent block feature. Tired of blocking idiots every round. Maybe a way that ties in to blocking and seeing their bullshit on union & family boards as well.

Comment

how bou ya get rid of tahh block button... how bou dahhh...

Comment

I believe this idea has been brought up before, bring back the Old School Saloon.
        (For those that never saw it, it was an in game chat board that shows your name and family in the current round and is reset each round, independent from the forums)

At the risk of finishing on a negative in what should be a positive thread. Big Sarge, I think you are full of shit, ive never heard of anyone wanting that feature, if you do you're a fucking coward.
        12 years and I have never once used the block feature, I say scrap it altogether, its a texted based game you moron...
        LLSU FYUU LLBU

Comment

People that use the block button are pussies and they hate themselves because they know, deep inside, they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Beva01 View Post
            how bou ya get rid of tahh block button... how bou dahhh...

This is coming from the guy that get frozen every two rounds nooob

Comment

ummm No sorry I'm not a pussy at all (though i have one) i just refuse to listen to mr. workers bullshit so if you do decide to delete the block button i will permanently quit the game ....
              Besides that I think it's good that you revamp the game it's been in need of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoxie View Post
                At the risk of finishing on a negative in what should be a positive thread. Big Sarge, I think you are full of shit, ive never heard of anyone wanting that feature, if you do you're a fucking coward.
                12 years and I have never once used the block feature, I say scrap it altogether, its a texted based game you moron...
                I agree with knoxie here. I have never used the block button and never will. The fact that some of you cant handle a little shit talk or a few idiots is kind of pathetic

Comment

But if we must keep the block button why not introduce a feature that means pathetic sons of a bitches like Shayne cant block someone and continue to talk shit to them after.

Comment

LOVE GUYS, NOT HATE!

You Shall Be Fruitful and Multiply!

Thanks Storm for fixing bugs and introducing new features

~Free Shayne and ShayneG~
                    SS4L IU4D

Comment

Guys a block button is not gonna make the game more or less fun. let's not get off topic.

here is a few observations I personally have made and discussed very lightly before that - when the code is done, I really want to do something about it, so might as well start now

What about things like prizes, what if we gave the lower levels BIGGER prizes?
                      What if we change up how subs work to create something closer in the competition?
                      Are you happy with the way revenge works? if not, how do we make it so that big unions cant take advantage of cash transfers?
                      Business attacks and being able to double 0 someone....how do we do that without only the bigger families [who got more DU's] benefit?
                      Revisit and install bank attacks
                      how do we give players more things to do when you come online? What type of stuff can we put into the game>?

These are just a few topics On my mind. what's on yours?
                      Game Admin

Comment

I smeeeeeeellll nooobs

Comment

Storm, I think we need to go back to the settings where it allowed families to have "wars". Now your family just stays 00ed all round and you can loot your way. I think we should give prizes for family killing some how without the farming. I don't know the details but it's just food for thought.

I think if we had wars again it would get people more involved and add fuel to the game. Now it is just loot, collect. ect. Back then you had "War Generals" and people planning out attacks and this and that and you could rank as a family for killing. I say bring it back for a round or two and see the results...

Comment

It needs to be boring, with hope. Like real life and the Pisshead/Omerta days.

Comment

i agree with fiona.. enough to do without workers filth flooding mailbox

id love to see more oldschool play, meant to be mafia.. but killing is pointless unless u want a kp medal for self

maxing within own fam would help indy fams too

Comment

Working...
                              X