It's hot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hot

I've been watching the news and while America and Europe are having blizzards we are having a heatwave - each day above 40C ( that is over 100F). So I'd thought I would let you people that are freezing your butt's off know how to tell when it's hot.

You Know It's Hot In Australia When!

1) The best parking spot is determined by shade not distance

2) Hot water comes out of both taps

3) You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron

4) The temperature drops below 32c and you feel chilly

5) You discover that in January and February it only takes two fingers to steer a car

6) You discover you can get sunburnt through your windscreen

7) You develop a fear of metal door handles

8) You break a sweat the instance you step outside at 7am

9) Your biggest bicycle accident fear is "What if i get knocked out and end up lying on the road and getting cooked"

10) You realise asphalt has a liquid state

11) Farmers are feeding there chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard boiled eggs

12) The trees are whistling for dogs

13) While walking back barefoot to your car from any event, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the carpark

14) You catch a cold from having the aircon on full blast all night long

15) You learn that Westfield Shopping Centre's aren't just Shopping Centre's, they are temples to worship Air-Conditioning

16) Sticking your head in the freezer and taking deep breaths is considered normal

17) A cup full of ice is considered a great snack

18) A black out is life threatening because your aircon and your fans no longer work.

19) No one cares if you walk around with no shoes on

20) You keep anything in the fridge, including potatoes, bread and clothing

21) People have enough left over beer cans to make a boat and compete in a regatta.

22) The effort of towelling yourself off after a shower means you need another shower right away.

23) You will wait patiently until the day it starts raining to go on a run.

24) You worry your ceiling fan is spinning so fast it will fly off and Kill You

- by the way that last one is 100% true!!!
    skype = tmbtiki

by the way 13 is just wrong, wrong, wrong. The white lines are no cooler - nobody walks back to the car barefoot - if you happen to be barefoot you get your best mate to piggy back you back to the car
    skype = tmbtiki

Comment

- Bet you can lose some weight easily by natural fat burner phenomenon
      - Jogging is considered the toughest and bravest sports activity to be conducted during those days
      - Ice Cream is selling like hotcakes
      - The number of bottled water sales might rose up to 210%
      - The Beaches will be full of people but I doubt it due to the rising temperatures and direct sunlight
      - Tires companies will be pleased to sell their budget tires to replace the one that explodes
      - A good time to purchase some insurance for your car before the Dashboard melted
      - Air Conditioning company will have a hard time to hire some contract worker just to fix their customer's complaints but at the same time their sales might be booming
      - The water consumption for a daily activity such as washing clothes, Cleaning and cooling will somehow rise probably up to 100% from the overall usage
      - Small stalls that sell drinking water (Such as lemonade stand, varieties of Fruit Juice etc.) will soon exist in every corner
      - Mental Breakdown due to high temperature (Hyperthermia) is a common case
      - More R134-A gas will be used and thus cause a cardiac regularity if it has been used for some period of time continuously

Shit, why I'm writing all of this? i don't have anything to do I guess pfftt... but bright weather will bring more sales in most companies let mehh tell ya dad bad Boi!

Comment

We were in Florida last year and went to a small beach after debarking our cruise. The boys wanted to swim real fast before we headed back home.
        I parked the trucka and the kids jumped out, ran across the sand and within 20 yards, they were jumping onto everyone's blankets and towels. Neither of them bothered to put on their shoes or flip flops.
        When I got out to where they were, one of the kids had formed blisters already from the ultra hot sand.
        NO ONE was laying on the beach, just a bunch of blankets and towels. Every one was in the water.
        Instead of running back to the car, they all headed for the water.
        Needless to say, I was giving piggy back rides to all three of the boys, one at a time back to the car once they were done floating in the waves.
        They couldn't enjoy the water because they all had blisters now.
        Be careful out there on the hot sand. It can cause real injuries. All three had huge blisters on the bottoms of their foot. Luckily my wife is a nurse and she was able to patch them up before heading to the hotel.
        Fun times.

Comment

We are having our summer now, but it's been very windy the last two days. 100 kilometer wind gusts. Yard is a mess with leaves and small tree branches. On a good note, the winds blew some of the fronds off the banana tree and uncovered 2 additional banana bunches. We now have 5 growing.. Might be a lot of banana bread in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by diego View Post
            - Bet you can lose some weight easily by natural fat burner phenomenon
            - Jogging is considered the toughest and bravest sports activity to be conducted during those days
            - Ice Cream is selling like hotcakes
            - The number of bottled water sales might rose up to 210%
            - The Beaches will be full of people but I doubt it due to the rising temperatures and direct sunlight
            - Tires companies will be pleased to sell their budget tires to replace the one that explodes
            - A good time to purchase some insurance for your car before the Dashboard melted
            - Air Conditioning company will have a hard time to hire some contract worker just to fix their customer's complaints but at the same time their sales might be booming
            - The water consumption for a daily activity such as washing clothes, Cleaning and cooling will somehow rise probably up to 100% from the overall usage
            - Small stalls that sell drinking water (Such as lemonade stand, varieties of Fruit Juice etc.) will soon exist in every corner
            - Mental Breakdown due to high temperature (Hyperthermia) is a common case
            - More R134-A gas will be used and thus cause a cardiac regularity if it has been used for some period of time continuously

Shit, why I'm writing all of this? i don't have anything to do I guess pfftt... but bright weather will bring more sales in most companies let mehh tell ya dad bad Boi!
            That is really bad that they burnt their feet - that must have put a damper on the holidays.

skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
              We are having our summer now, but it's been very windy the last two days. 100 kilometer wind gusts. Yard is a mess with leaves and small tree branches. On a good note, the winds blew some of the fronds off the banana tree and uncovered 2 additional banana bunches. We now have 5 growing.. Might be a lot of banana bread in my future.
              sounds great - banana smoothies, banana ice cream, banana's on bread or raisin toast - so many yummy options
              skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_The_Bull View Post
                We were in Florida last year and went to a small beach after debarking our cruise. The boys wanted to swim real fast before we headed back home.
                I parked the trucka and the kids jumped out, ran across the sand and within 20 yards, they were jumping onto everyone's blankets and towels. Neither of them bothered to put on their shoes or flip flops.
                When I got out to where they were, one of the kids had formed blisters already from the ultra hot sand.
                NO ONE was laying on the beach, just a bunch of blankets and towels. Every one was in the water.
                Instead of running back to the car, they all headed for the water.
                Needless to say, I was giving piggy back rides to all three of the boys, one at a time back to the car once they were done floating in the waves.
                They couldn't enjoy the water because they all had blisters now.
                Be careful out there on the hot sand. It can cause real injuries. All three had huge blisters on the bottoms of their foot. Luckily my wife is a nurse and she was able to patch them up before heading to the hotel.
                Fun times.
                Welcome to Florida. If u pasty white fucks don't use sunblock and don't wear flip flops ( roads are blacktop )no need for salt....NVM Lmaoo cya next year
                Last edited by GUNZ; 01-22-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUNZ View Post

Welcome to Florida. If u pasty white fucks don't use sunblock and don't wear flip flops ( roads are blacktop )no need for salt....NVM Lmaoo cya next year
                  Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not pasty white. I don't burn.
                  They didn't feel the need for flip flops because we didnt park in the road. Parked on my friends private beach.
                  Kids however still have sensitive feet.

But we were not the only ones off the sand that day, it was unusually hot in the sand.

That happens and they learned their lesson.

Comment

Don't take any offense man. Wasn't intended by my comments. This is Florida

You will burn no pun

Comment

Here in Africa the temperatures change radically from one to another in quick succession.

This one time, in an inland province, [This happened on some farms, ] - It got so hot around midday, a field of corn started popping. The cows in the next field, they thought it was snowing.

So they froze to death.

Game Admin

Comment

Over here, the weather just can't seem to be fixed. One day there's rain, another day there's snow, then the third day it's getting warm. Idk what's happening. But the weather is surely fucked up.
                        Right now it's snowy and cold in Norway.
                        Last edited by Mr.Modric; 01-23-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Today when I turned on the cold tap the water came out hotter than it does from the hot tap. We don't usually have weather this hot - bring back winter! I was actually relieved when they said tomorrow was only going to be 36C (97F)!!!! and Friday it is going to be back to 42C
                          skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            .. The cows in the next field, they thought it was snowing.

So they froze to death.
                            Stupid-ass cows!
                            TMB Super Moderator

I am always watching.
                            Be kind to each other.

Comment

Now it was just over 43C (110F) here today. When I went to get water from the cold tap it just kept running very warm - I ran the damn tap for 10 minutes and it was still running very warm. I gave up and had a drink of milk instead. This heat is just too much and not what we are used to.
                              skype = tmbtiki

Comment

Working...
                              X